Off my pedestal

We have had an event in our life's. The kind that changes your life forever and life as you know it will never be the same.

Our youngest daughter had a seizure and was hospitalized. The doctors found an infection that may explain the seizure but they are not positive so we have to take her to a neurologist. We brought her home and she has been vomiting with no fever.

What makes this worse for me is that a family friend just lost their daughter from complications due to a seizure. No amount of pain or emotion that I felt while going through this compares to theirs. None. The fact that my daughter is home and alive and with us is a great blessing and I have nothing to complain about. Absolutely nothing.

I need to start listing all the things I am grateful for and stop complaining about my life and having to deal with my autistic son and now my daughter with whatever is going on with her.

I have a wonderful family. We live freely. We eat what we want when we want it. We have so many freedoms. And we complain so freely. Let me hang my head in shame for the way I have been thinking and then let me get off my pedestal and give back to the world.

No comments: