Tuesday October 27 2008

To start off...
I am 32 years old. I am married to a wonderful man and we have 4 children. We have been married for almost 7 years. It's been rumored that the first 7 years are the hardest so we should be good to go from here on out.

I am a creative person but I don't always see my projects to the end. For example:
  • dishes
  • laundry
  • any type of cleaning for that matter...
  • losing the baby pounds (pfhhh, like that will ever happen)
  • I now have 7 blogs but only update 3 of them. (the other four are photo album memories)


To explain the name Messy Jess...
Well, just ask my husband. He will say things like

  • I never make my bed
  • I don't mind toys laying all over the house
  • I use a new towel every time (No re-using them for me!)
  • I don't change the kids if they spill on their clothes (come on, that means more laundry!)
  • I let the kids play in my office so I can play on the computer (YIKES!)
  • I let the dishes sit over night instead of doing them before bedtime
  • I never (well hardly) take the trash out. Hubby does it when he comes home.
BUT, I wasn't always that way. I used to bust my chops to have everything perfect when my husband arrived home. If everything wasn't clean when he got home he would start cleaning and he wasn't happy about doing it.

He said he was doing it because he wanted to help out. I think he did it because the messes bothered him.

So I would stress myself out to have everything perfect - but it never can be or will be. I stopped trying a long time ago. It has caused friction in our marriage because our idea of clean is on opposite sides of the spectrum. But I love him. He is a good man, a wonderful husband, and the best father in the universe.
(for all you sceptical people out there.... it's a process. We didn't all of a sudden land on planet perfect - we're still practicing.)

So - I'm messy Jess. Little things don't bother me and I let things slide off my back. Messes don't bother me because I'd rather be spending my time living and loving my kids. Kids who have now dumped a container of baby formula, emptied the contents of baby lotion on their bodies. Mmmm, smells good. And they have stolen the Cheddar Cheese Puffs. They think that I don't see them. Just wait - they will have kids one day and I will be smiling from ear to ear!

1 comment:

Nouveau Me said...

That's so hard when everyone is under pressure. Especially when your kids are so young.

I'm messy too, in the way you say you are. But I'm married to a fellow messy.