I am 32 years old. I am married to a wonderful man and we have 4 children. We have been married for almost 7 years. It's been rumored that the first 7 years are the hardest so we should be good to go from here on out.
I am a creative person but I don't always see my projects to the end. For example:
- any type of cleaning for that matter...
- losing the baby pounds (pfhhh, like that will ever happen)
- I now have 7 blogs but only update 3 of them. (the other four are photo album memories)
To explain the name Messy Jess...
Well, just ask my husband. He will say things like
- I never make my bed
- I don't mind toys laying all over the house
- I use a new towel every time (No re-using them for me!)
- I don't change the kids if they spill on their clothes (come on, that means more laundry!)
- I let the kids play in my office so I can play on the computer (YIKES!)
- I let the dishes sit over night instead of doing them before bedtime
- I never (well hardly) take the trash out. Hubby does it when he comes home.
He said he was doing it because he wanted to help out. I think he did it because the messes bothered him.
So I would stress myself out to have everything perfect - but it never can be or will be. I stopped trying a long time ago. It has caused friction in our marriage because our idea of clean is on opposite sides of the spectrum. But I love him. He is a good man, a wonderful husband, and the best father in the universe.
(for all you sceptical people out there.... it's a process. We didn't all of a sudden land on planet perfect - we're still practicing.)
So - I'm messy Jess. Little things don't bother me and I let things slide off my back. Messes don't bother me because I'd rather be spending my time living and loving my kids. Kids who have now dumped a container of baby formula, emptied the contents of baby lotion on their bodies. Mmmm, smells good. And they have stolen the Cheddar Cheese Puffs. They think that I don't see them. Just wait - they will have kids one day and I will be smiling from ear to ear!