I love Christmas the great finale.

I wish that I could say I have been taking a blog break - but no, it is my body that has taken the break...

I was visited by the "flu-bug" aka "that time of month" and it will not go away!

I tried to sneak up behind it and scare it... I bribed it... I offered it money to go away and it refuses!

When I get it bad, I get it bad.

So I have been forced into hibernation and no matter how hard I try to be nice - nothing. Nothing at all. Just meanness in it's purest form.

I have fed it chocolate. I have drowned it in Dr. Pepper. Hot bathes have only tempered it and it laughs in the face of medicine.

It's only 4 days until Christmas. There are all the last minute things that need to be done.... I don't even have my Christmas packages or Christmas cards sent out!

We went to my husbands company party - and I pulled it off. I smiled. I laughed. I was gracious and kind. But inside of me was being utterly miserable and nagging me. I was so exhausted by the time we got home. Even the virgin pina colada did not help.

So excuse me while I stop blogging. I will see you next year. If by chance I am not here... my funeral arraignments will be announced by my husband. And I want a pink coffin. PINK! And blushing pink roses to go on top. God made me a girl so I want to go out all girly. It would please me if everyone wore pink. Even the guys. Pink polo shirts with khaki pants. And little sugar cookies with pink sprinkles - the kind that you see in a Martha Stewart Magazine......

So here ya go... my Christmas card to all of you.

Hey all of you,

It's been a very stressful year. What with the move and having a baby and losing half our daycare during the move - and the stress that wrecked havoc on our marriage and our children starting public school and not being able to go to any of their functions because I'm stuck at home. The in- laws now pick up the phone and say What do you need instead of Hello dear how are you.... the basement flooding when it rained 9 inches in April - 4 weeks after we moved in...

Just kidding. That's the pms talking... here is the nice version:

Darrel and I would like to express our love for you -
our family, our friends...

We've had a very successful, eventful year.

We purchased a house and made it into a home.
We moved in and had a baby girl 2 weeks later.
We let go of Jon(5yrs) as he entered into the public school system.
Sarah(4yrs) started a state run pre-school program and rides the bus!
Alta(3yrs) has come out of her quiet shell and turned into a tomboy.
And Baby Valorie(9 mths) is just a sweet little butter ball that gets more than her fair share of hugs and kisses.

The daycare bounced back after the move and has quieted down into a regular routine. Whew!

Darrel returned to work for our former Bishop for the gas and oil industry...
He has enjoyed hunting and playing with his four-wheeler. We've done a lot of settling down this year and getting situated.

We really do look forward to the new year and watching our children grow.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and look forward to growing one year older with you! Our best wishes for you.

Love Darrel and Jessica
Jon, Sarah, Alta, and Baby Valorie.

Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!

8 comments:

Tanja said...

What a huge bummer that you are down and out right now. I am hoping that you are feeling better and trying to enjoy the holidays!

Nana said...

Hey, tell Aunt Flo to get lost!!!!
Have a Merry Merry Christmas.

Cynthia said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling up to par. Sounds like it's been a challenging year. I hope the next year is so uneventful that you can't think of what to write in your Christmas card at all.

Mother Goose said...

OHH, I know your Christmas letter! Merry Christmas to you, I hope you feel better and 09' is fine! sorry cheesy but I had to rhyme.

Mother Goose said...

I am so sorry you are icky wicky especially around the holidays when there is so much to be done!

tammy said...

Oh I hear you! I hate PMS. I still don't see why it's necessary for us to have that. Is it because we're so perfect the other 3 weeks of the month?

Becka Babe said...

CRAZY THOUGHTS AS i WAS READING YOUR BLOG;

Cool! I'm on the same cycle as Jess even though I'm a million miles away,....
What a weird way to be connected!

I've been overly-mean this time too, dont believe me ask the hubby!

I've totally fed my monster all the Christmas Candy (Chocolate) I made for the in-laws, now I have to make more before we go down there.

Are you sure it was a VIRGIN pina this time?!?!!? (Sorry all, private joke.)

I want a blue coffin with big white and yellow Daisies on it. Everyone must wear blue, white, and yellow.

I think Tim would look darn good in a pink shirt and Khakis. But please dont die before I can come visit you.

Sugar Cookies,,,,,,yuuuum.

I think I like the "nice" Christmas card, and I know how hard it was to write, so thank you.

Merry Christmas, I love you, Miss you, and hope that the package I sent you will cheer you up. (I also hope it doesn't melt before it gets there!)

Messy Jess said...

Oh yes. It was a virgin! Even the Bishop smelled it to make sure it was legit. He even played bartender for awhile. It was pretty funny. He seems much more relaxed now that he isn't both our bishop and boss.