When you're dead and in your grave think of all the food we'll save, but happy birthday!

I turned 33. It is supposed to be one of the magical birthdays. The most magical one is when you turn the age that your birth date is. Then it's the double digit birthdays like 11,22,33,44,55, and so on.

What's so funny about this birthday is that I kept seeing the number 33 everywhere.

The speed demon on the way to church said I was going too fast - 33 miles on hour.

When I checked into my ebay I had 33 feedback's.

When I got off the computer it was 3:33 in the afternoon! Incredible!

I have been so busy and this year it crept up on me and I tried to avoid it. Invite the parents over for cake and ice cream and get it over with - but I ended up having some friends come over at the last minute... It was loud and short and sweet. Another year over. But that means my kids are getting older too and it makes me very sad. I want to keep them little forever. I know I will enjoy them as they get older but it's so sweet right now.

I'm also surprised at the fact that I am 33 years old and the world has not come to an end yet.... growing up I was told I was in the last generation and that the world would get very wicked and there would be storms and gnashing of teeth. I never thought I would grow to be old and have my own kids. Funny how we interpretate what we are told as kids.


I have been busy building up my collection of lego's, lincoln logs, fisher price little people and vintage tupperware toys. In doing so I have discovered that I like collecting toys and I officially declare myself a toy collector. I had to put another shelf in the daycare to make room for the new toys. I am tickled pink. I'm not sure who is going to have more fun playing - me or the kids!!

On that note... I'm not sure when I will post again. I have lot's of projects to complete and chores to be done. Happy Valentines Day everyone!

7 comments:

Lisa Loo said...

Happy Birthday!! I know what you mean about it meaning that your kids are growing older also! 30 was the year that I had the worst time. Growing up I had always thought 30 was the age when you were a grown up and had everything together. Talk about a reality slap! I too have thought about the end of the world--last generation thing---interesting--huh? Enjoy those toys--you are only young once!

Loralee and the gang... said...

What about the birthday the year you were born? I think I will make it (64). And I thought my generation was going to be the last! Tells you that Heavenly Father is on a different timetable... but I just look at the world around me and can't imagine (some) things getting any worse...
:~D

Heidi Ashworth said...

Happy Valentines Day AND Happy belated Birthday!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you had a great day!

Jami said...

Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rychelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

tara @ kidz said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's to you too! I think every birthday is magical. I know most people hate birthdays, but I really like them! =)