Meet me halfway

Not so good. Maybe a C-

It's a lot harder to just jump into my new workout schedule. So many distractions. Feeling guilty about taking time to do ME THINGS. But Nontheless! It must be done.

Is it normal to feel so hungry after working out? My tummy has been growling and I've been having cravings and my mouth waters.... I haven't had any of these symptoms for a long long time!!

This is going to take some time to get into a normal everyday routine. But the benefits will outweigh the effort!

So, (good paragraphs start out with "So") So, I took my children this week to the annual seatbelt safety check up and they made me take all the carseats out to be inspected and then "trained me" to put them in right.

Some teeny weeny little ol' lady was in the back seat with me demonstrating how to put your knee in the carseat to get the seatbelt as tight as you can. I followed her lead and she checked my work. That seat wouldn't budge.

"Wow" she said. "That is the tightest carseat I've ever seen!"

Much to her surprise I said - that's the benefit of weighing so much!
The look on her face was priceless. She didn't even know how to respond.

I hunted down my children - they had all run off... mooched some water bottles and free helmets from the Dare Officer and put them back into their "ain't gonna budge no more carseats" and drove home much more safe than when we first had arrived.

This journey to find my thinner self is going to be very entertaining indeed.



But not THIS entertaining! ha ha ha

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

You can do it! Just don't burn yourself out by trying to ramp up and do too much at one time. Last September I started making small changes- didn't even start exercising until the first part of January. I'm down 30 lbs. and not only am I still trying all this time later (which has never happened before), I'm now ramping up and doing more without feeling overwhelmed by it all.

If you can school yourself to accept that small changes add up over time, you'll start losing without overwhelming yourself. It's not about how fast you get the weight off but rather how long you work at it. I'd always try and go all hardcore then burn out after a 6 weeks to 2 months and give up for long periods of time.

If you are hungry, eat. Just eat something reasonable and stop when you think you might be full even if you aren't sure. If you were wrong, you can eat more 30 minutes later.

Glad the kiddies are safer now!

Devri said...

you are great.. Now get my butt off the computer and get me to excersize too please!

And I am pretty entertained! ;0)

Julie said...

You know, Jess, I think you and I could be great friends. I love reading your blog. You, make me laugh so hard. Way to go for getting those carseats in there perfectly! And way to go on the workouts. I'd join you if I could. Just a couple more months, and I'm right in there with you. Ugh!

Heidi Ashworth said...

It's the small changes that last the longest . .. keep up the good work!

tammy said...

I agree with Cynthia, those small changes will pay off! I can honestly say I feel much better now that my diet has changed. You encourage me and I'll encourage you. We can do it!!

the voice of melody said...

Yes, I do think that working out makes you more hungry, at least, that's been the case with me. I think it's wonderful that you're on this journey, you won't regret it. Very best wishes! :)

Blog Stalker said...

Good luck to your thinner self coming out! I always loved that hungry feeling after working out.....I need to find it more.....lol

Have a great day!

Scrappy Girl said...

I would love to look like that...but not in that outfit! LOL!