The end and a new beginning

We had our garage sale a week early. Whew. We made more money than I thought and I am really surprised that we sold as much as we did. We will do it again this Saturday and try to get rid of the rest of it.

I thought I was fine with it and I was until I woke up early Sunday morning feeling like I had been hit by a semi truck. I had a mini melt down. But Im fine again. In fact I don't even want to bring any of the leftovers back in. Just want to be finished.

The daycare is losing its numbers and pretty soon we will be officially closed. Two girls go back to school. 2 foster children are being moved to another set of relatives and 2 more children are going to live with their mother in Idaho. Normally I'd be panicked about so many kids leaving all at once but it's as if a divine intervention has taken place. My promptings about selling the toys has lead us to this door and it opened as soon as I heeded the little voice whispering in my ear.

The past year or so I have been distracted by blogging and facebook and then Farmtown... but I really need to get back to the basics and focus on my little family. My goal was to be completely out of debt and have a chunk of savings and retirement aside but none of that seems to matter anymore. Time flies by so fast.

I am focused on what needs to be done to get Valorie her surgery and then on spending quality time with my kids. I've been given a new lease on life and someone took the rose colored glasses and tossed them. I have so much to do with my kids. How can I distract myself from them any longer? I'm just glad that I am not too late.

We drove up to the Big Horn Mountains last Sunday and it was beautiful. Our children told us silly stories and we enjoyed each others company. I believe that God will direct us in our lives. I believe there is purpose and power in prayer. I believe this world is just a short pitstop in a grand journey. I'm trying not to get too side tracked or distracted.

We'll keep you updated on our progress. :)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Change is scary but it sounds like you are doing exactly what you should be doing because all the pieces are falling into place at just the right time. It's scary and exciting all at the same time!

Scrappy Girl said...

The best thing to do is embrace "change" and let the Lord work in your lives...big changes usually lead to new opportunities. Had I not embraced a pretty crazy change we would never have moved to the county where we adopted our 2 little ones from!