Update

I have been preoccupied with getting my house decluttered and dejunked. THE Garage Sale is 2 weeks away and it's going to be the Mother of all garage sales. We are officially un-officially retiring from daycare and selling all our wonderful toys

On top of that we have been researching where to take baby Valorie for treatment. She has been diagnosed with Cranial Synostosis which is where all the plates in her head have closed too soon.

We have already been through this before- with her big brother Jon.













I am not looking forward to it. I am dragging my feet and avoiding the thought. We do not have insurance this time around so it's going to be a challenge.

We could:

A - Sell our home and stop working so we can qualify for welfare benefits
B- Declare bankruptcy so we can at least keep the house and one vehicle and have myself stop working to qualify for welfare
C- go to one of the hospitals that will do it for free in lieu of experimental treatment
D-Wait and see what happens if we don't get Valorie in for surgery
E - Get Insurance now, wait a year for pre-existing clause to be removed and see what happens then.

I guess our fist option should be - is this:

Pray really really hard that it just dissapears and goes away -

You can do it too.... Yep, just send a little prayer up to heaven. Right now if you want to. It will only take a second. We would love you forever and send you hugs and kisses.

I figure if we nag God about it long enough he will get sick and tired of us and give in and say Yes.

My kids do it to me and it works like a charm.

I just want to do a huge shout out to my Mother in Law -
she has been watching the daycare so I can go and do things with my kids. I can't express how much this summer has meant to me to be able to spend time alone with my kids. It's priceless. It means the whole world to have this time with my children. We will never have this summer ever again. Thanks for the memories Mom

10 comments:

Becka Babe said...

I'm sorry you have to go through this again. I want to be there to hug, hug, hug all of you. I just want to be there.
In spirit and thought I am there.
You were so strong the first time Jess, I hate that your test of strength isn't through.
The only encouragement I can think of at the moment is that, you know what to expect, you know how to do this, and you know how to get everyone in your family through as well.
Trust me Jess,the Lord loves Valorie, and we sent them to you because you CAN take care of her. You'll find a way. I love you!

Becka Babe said...

I was crying when I wrote that sorry if I didn't spell everything right.

Heidi Ashworth said...

Jess--boy have you been given the short end of the stick in life!!! I recommend filing for bankruptcy. That's what we did when faced with a similar challenge. I have never regretted it for even one second. (Praying that God's will be done and that we have the resources to deal with it is always best.)

Jami said...

I just prayed for you - where are my hugs and kisses? ;) When I read things like this, the first thing that enters my mind is "the Lord musta made her strong". Of course He sent her to you because he knew you could take care of her! Her and John! :) I'll keep praying for you and if you need anything, just call me. 257-7650
Love you man!
p.s. Lorna does rock, doesn't she? :)

Scrappy Girl said...

What a great MIL!

OMGoodness...I would be scared to go through that again too. {{HUGS}} to you and your little family. I hope everything works out.

Devri said...

I am so sorry you are going through this again. prayers for you and yours for sure! hugs

tammy said...

I echo what everyone else has already said.

Prayers are yours.

Cynthia said...

I am so sorry! I hope the right choice sort of moves itself forward for you. Can you get your kids on CHIP? It's the state plan for kids only and is designed for famiiies like yours who are working. Call them tomorrow! I think it's your best bet. Also, hospitals like Primary Childrens have people employed to just help people in your situation figure out your options. Take advantage of that too. Keep us posted!

Kerri said...

This must be very hard. I am going to pray that somehow it will all work out for you. Even if it just doesn't go away that Heavenly Father will make it bearable and afordabl efor your family. Hang in there and keep us all updated. Big hugs.

RhondaLue said...

Ohhhh now I know why you need the neurosurgeon. I saw that pic in the hospital of you with your son and immediately thought, "You know what it's like!" My son had different issues that kept him in and out of the hospital till he ws 5 yrs old when we took him to an out of state hospital for treatment but I have a strong feeling of compassion and love for other mommas that have dealt with their child hospitalized. I will pray and hope that somehow, someway you can get this surgery for your sweet little one.