The end...almost

I quit my job. Lost more than half our income. BUT! We now have our children on State Assistance and FINALLY got baby Valorie her surgery scheduled. We had to file bankruptcy. We are losing everything except the house. Well...maybe even the house. We are 3 payments behind and we got the forclosure notice in the mail. But it's not over yet. Surgery is the 27th. I am hopeful that everything is going to go smoothly. We have each other and that is all we need. And a nap...

We have been so blessed. I have felt so comforted and loved and sustained through all of this. Prayer, Scripture and going to church has kept our minds clear and has given us peace. I know my Heavenly Father loves each one of us. I know that Jesus gave his life for us.

I think of our bankruptcy. We don't deserve not to pay our debt. But under the circumstances here we are. We have been wiped clean of our debt and our credit.

It made me think of what Jesus has done for each one of us. I do not deserve to have my sins forgiven but it is by His grace that I can repent and be forgiven. Grace and Mercy. I have a new understanding.

I have been given the gift of time. I am spending it on my family. Every last drop of it.

6 comments:

Jami said...

You are a brave, brave woman and I know you'll all do fine because you know what matters most. :) I'm praying for you. Please let me know if you need anything.

Scrappy Girl said...

Wow...you definitely have alot on your plate. I hope the surgery is successful and your little one mends quickly. {{hugs}}

Becka Babe said...

I'm so proud of for having a clear head through all this, my brain would be so scrambled with my emotions I wouldn't want to get tout of bed.
I love you and if you get evicted you can all come live with us! But I think you'd miss the snow, no snow here, sorry!:)

tammy said...

Good luck with everything. I'll be keeping you and Valorie in my prayers. I'm glad you're at peace with everything. This can't have come easy for you.

Cynthia said...

You've all been through so much this last year. I am glad that your daughter will get the medical care she needs but I'm sorry it's had to cost you everything. Still, the worst is almost behind you now and there's all kinds of hope on the horizon. Good luck with the surgery- keep us posted.

Alejendro said...

Amen, that's all I can say...