Self Potraits

Every photographers worst nightmare....at least mine - is capturing myself the way I want to be seen. I love taking pictures but hate having mine taken.

This was actually fun and more difficult than I had first thought it would be. And although I am wearing clothes I feel absolutely naked. Naked to you but more naked to myself because I don't go around looking at myself all day. Who is this OLD lady in the mirror? I don't even recognize myself because the way I feel is not the way I look. At least to me......so here goes - the unveiling.















4 comments:

Cynthia said...

You look cute! Good job.

I would have a VERY hard time with this assignment too. You know how anorexic women look in the mirror and only see an unrealistically fat person? Yeah, well, I'm the opposite. I never realize how much I've 'blossomed' until I see a photo. I still FEEL like that young, blonde chick my Hubs fell in love with. So I avoid mirrors too because I'd rather imagine my outside reality matched my inside attitude!

Heidi said...

I have always hated having my picture taken. I blushed so much when having my senior photo done (because I'm so self concious) that they had to be done over. The new ones were much better, anyway. Now that I am a week away from 46, yikes! I couldn't do what you did.

Devri said...

You hot mamma you! I hate my photo taken for any reason! you are better than I!

tammy said...

I hate having my picture taken too. I need to get better at it so there's proof to my posterity I actually existed! I think your photos are great. You're beautiful, inside and out.