Happy Birthday

Christmas. Christs birthday.

I couldn't sleep last night. I was angry about something that didn't even involve me but the injustice of it all really boiled my blood and it really bent me out of shape.

I was laying in bed wishing that the natural law of "what goes around will come around" would hurry up and happen - sooner rather than later...

wishing they would have horrible things happen to them because they are so horrible. Wishing they would get a taste of their own medicine.

I am no judge. I don't have the right to say what punishment they should receive. I have so many of my own sins to be judged. I thought to myself that one day they will get what they deserve. God will reign down with his wrath and every wrong will be righted.

And then I thought about Jesus and the persecutions he went through. People that hated him. Spit on him. Nailed his hands and wrists and feet to the cross. Whipped him. Laughed at him. Mocked him.

Did Jesus lay in bed at night thinking - You just wait - you're going to get what you deserve - just wait till my father deals with you. You ....You are going to get it!! He didn't do that.

He lived a higher life. He looked at those people and begged his father to forgive them because they knew not what they were doing. He was humble. He was merciful. He descended below all men but he was the greatest of us all.

So today is a celebration of Jesus Christs birth. I love this saying:
Greatest man in history named Jesus had no servants, yet they called him Master.Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher.Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer.He had no army, yet kings feared Him.He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world.He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today
I have always loved Christmas. And not for the gift giving but for the traditions and time spent with family. I watched my children open their gifts today and watched the wonder and excitement in their eyes and faces. All day I thought about what gifts I was leaving my children. The gift of time. The gift of love. The gift of teaching them. The gift of patience. Gifts that I want to leave my children - helping them to become honest and independent individuals. I want them to be happy. At peace with themselves and with the world.

It was a peaceful Christmas. I wish you a peaceful Christmas. A new year filled with new resolutions and finding ways to bring peace to your heart and loved ones.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Beautiful post. That is always one of my favorite quotes.