there's a meow in my motor!

I have so much on my mind. I feel like writing but there's no words there. So much has happened in so little of time. Our life is changing right under our nose. It's like standing still while being on a merry go round.

I think it's too personal to share on the blogosphere. But I want to shout out from the rooftops that God is a merciful God. He hears and answers prayers. He blesses those that wait on him.

Now for a little story...

This morning a cat was stuck inside the motor of my suburban. We could hear it but could not see where it was stuck. After a few moments we see a cat run out from under the car and assume that he has made it out.

We stopped to drop the kids off at school and there was still meowing coming from the motor. A stranger from the crowd that had gathered slid herself under the car to look for the poor lost cat. With some effort she was able to locate it under the transmission and stuck in a guard plate.

She had to grab its hind legs and pull him out the way he had gone in. The cat bit her not understanding she was trying to help. The woman even got her arm stuck at one point. But what a hero she was! There was no applauding. No medal. Not even a pat on the back. The silly cat was purring and alive! What happiness we all felt. Such joy for a silly cat who got stuck and meowed for help.

Sometimes we think we are stuck. Sometimes we are stuck and too stubborn to admit it. Just know that there people out there - even strangers that would share in your joy and would love to see you safe and happy.

Your life has an effect on me. What you do - does matter.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yea! I am glad the cat was okay. That kitty faired much better than the one that got into the fan area of my Grandpa's car. Ewww!

I hope you guys are doing okay. I will e-mail you to check on you. I get the 'some things are too personal to share on a blog' thing. I agree.

Jami said...

Now hold on... you can't go saying things like that and then say it's too personal to share... lol Don't you know nothing's too personal for your blog? ;) Hope all is well, though. :)

Heidi said...

Such a great analogy! And I can relate to things changing so fast and God being merciful and all of that. Hugs!