Casting Crowns Broken Together

I was listening to KLOVE when I heard Casting Crowns talking about their new song.


 Why do Christians think they have to be perfect?  When in fact we are not perfect.  We are broken.  Imperfect.  Why do we hide the broken parts of us? We need each other. The best prayers are the ones we pray for others. So let me see your broken pieces. Let me pray for you because God is here to heal the broken. Stop pretending that you have perfect lives and perfect spouses and perfect jobs and be honest with each other and gain strength from one another.  

The hardest part of Darrel and I getting remarried is the fact that everyone is watching for us to see if we will make it.  Every trial every problem seems like a giant mountain to get over.  I believe that if we remember that we are not perfect and that we are broken - Christ's love will heal us and will make our marriage stronger.  I hope that we are being honest not only with each other but with our friends and family.  Let them see that our lives are not perfect and that with Christ at the center we can overcome any trial.



What do you think about when you look at me
I know we're not the fairy tale you dreamed we'd be
You wore the veil, you walked the aisle, you took my hand
And we dove into a mystery
How I wish we could go back to simpler times
Before all our scars and all our secrets were in the light
Now on this hallowed ground, we've drawn the battle lines
Will we make it through the night?
It's going to take much more than promises this time
Only God can change our minds
Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together
If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine
Could healing still be spoken and save us
The only way we'll last forever is broken together
How it must have been so lonely by my side
We were building kingdoms and chasing dreams and left love behind
I'm praying God will help our broken hearts align
And we won't give up the fight
It's going to take much more than promises this time
Only God can change our minds
Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together
If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine
Could healing still be spoken and save us
The only way we'll last forever is broken together
Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together
If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine
Could healing still be spoken and save us
The only way we'll last forever is broken together

No comments: