Homeward bound







In the quiet misty morning


When the moon has gone to bed


When the sparrows stop their singing


And the sky is clear and red


When the summer's ceased its gleaming


When the corn is past its prime


When adventure's lost its meaning


- I'll be homeward bound in time


Bind me not to the pasture



Chain me not to the plow



Set me free to find my calling


And I'll return to you somehow


If you find it's me you're missing


If you're hoping I'll return


To your thoughts I'll soon be listening


And in the road I'll stop and turn


Then the wind will set me racing


As my journey nears its end


And the path I'll be retracing


When I'm homeward bound again


Bind me not to the pasture 

 






Chain me not to the plow 

 Set me free to find my calling


 And I'll return to you somehow




 Tie me not to the pasture





 Chain me not to the plow




Set me free to find my calling




And I'll return to you somehow

 Bind me not to the pasture






Chain me not to the plow



Set me free to find my calling


 And I'll return to you somehow


Bind me not to the pasture
Chain me not to the plow
Set me free to find my calling
And I'll return
And I'll return
And I'll return
to you somehow

No comments: