An attitude of grattitude

I've received this awesome award from Nicol on
Classy and Sophisticated
You should check out Her story about Gratitude!



Here are the rules for the award:

1.Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award
6. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude



An attitude of gratitude

I look out over the many memories of yesterday and awe in the fact that I didn't crumble or fall apart completely.

Crumble? yes.
Fall apart? yes.
But completely? NO.

There were so many onlookers and people who cheered and lent their guidance and their support. They taught me to keep my chin up and to make the most of any given situation. They taught me to smile and to feel thankful. They showed me that the future was unmarked and that my choices could pave that road however I wanted.

The first person I am grateful for is my mother. I look back at the hell we went through and I've realized that she is a beautiful angel that made the most of what she was dealt with and did it with LOVE and COMPASSION and SERVICE. She is stronger than anyone I know.

My Aunt Phyllis is next on the list. We had to live with her family for awhile and she so graciously let us in and treated our wounds with gentleness and kindness. I remember one distinct time she put my sisters and I in the tub and washed our hair. She doesn't think much of it but she treated me like I was someone. She wasn't afraid to touch me - to hug me. In went a dirty little girl and out came a child who realized there was still love in the world. I think my addiction to my Aunt's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is tied to this memory.

3rd on the list is teachers. We moved over 42 times by the time I graduated from high school. A little tribute to some that still stand out in my memories:

Mrs Grey, Mrs Smith, Mrs Watkins, Miss A. Searle, Mrs Major, Mrs Phipps, Mr J. Briggs, Mr T.Potter, ,Mrs S Thompson, Mr R.Longhurst, Mr D.McArthur, Mrs V. Messick, Mr S.Best, Mrs L.Chapple, Mrs L.Dalton, Mr S.Durfee, Mrs M.Makowitz, Mr Z.Miller, Mrs E. Oswald, Mr M. Winston, Mr V.Wray, Mr G.Gemar, Mr B.Howell, Ms C. Hussman, Mr L. Hemming

4th is Spiritual Advisers
I'm not talking about fortune readers! These are the people in my life that taught me how to find and listen to that still small voice. That when the outside world was raging and out of control I could still be at peace within myself.

Mr D.Behunin, Mr S.Wilson, Mr R.Stuart, Mrs W.Gardner, Mr R Cote, Mr R. Jeans, Mrs. J George and V and K Denton

5th - My husband and children. We've been through a lot in our marriage of 7 years. We could have killed each other, left each other.... but we made it despite our differences - through sickness and health - thick and thin - rich and poor - Our friendship is stronger today than it was yesterday and each new day gives us the opportunity to become better. To do better. My kids - they have taught me so much about myself on a deeper level. I love my family Immensely!

Last but most certainly not least. The church. The people in the church. Especially the ones who get it. They're in it for more than the social friendship. They live by the teachings and examples and they are in tune to the divine spirit. They feed the hungry and clothe the naked. They give of their time and possessions. They love unconditionally and spare their judgements. I am thankful that I know that this life is just a pit stop on a much grandeur trip and that there is a Celestial being that we call God our Father.


My life turned out better than I thought it would. I am grateful for so many things but mostly for people. It doesn't matter if you lay your head down at night in a mansion or under the pale yellow moon. It doesn't matter if you are wearing designer jeans or hand-me-downs... What matters most is Who you are and the person you are becoming. How do you treat others? In the end we will leave this world with no possession's except for the experience.


What are you grateful for?

The hardest part of this award is copying and pasting all the links and web sites. That being said - Here are the nominee's... in no random order but picked randomly out of fairness of not picking on anyone.....


My loves

Life Learning Leonards

Dunhaven Place

Life with the Carey Gang

Me and Mine

Messes and Mudpies

The better to stalk you with my dear

If you're happy and you know it


Haag family story

My life in a Scrapbook

7 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Thanks, Jess! Youare so sweet to think of me & my little ol' blog. I will ponder on my gratefulness over the weekend . . .
:~D

Heidi Ashworth said...

Ahhh, thank you Jess! Here I was seeing the title of your post and thinking I should try to work harder on my gratitude and then I'm on the list! Thank you!

Kerri said...

Thank you! I will post on this Monday. I know I have a lot to be grateful for and it will be good for me to think about it.

islandgirl said...

Jessica, that was beatiful! I'll have to make sure my Mom sees it, she's with your Mom this weekend, so maybe she can show her, lol! HUGS! What a great post to read this morning!

Cynthia said...

What a beautiful post! I'm so proud of you. Look at all you have overcome in your life! I am humbled and thankful to know you. Perhaps some of your quiet courage will rub off on me.

Jess said...

Wow... thank you so much for including us on your list!!! What a wonderful post... thank you for sharing so much of yourself over here.... I know its not always easy to let others in... even online... =) I hope I can articulate my feelings about gratitude as well as you have here...

THank you!! Hugs!

Becka Babe said...

Thank you m'dear, you know how much I love and miss you, as to everything else I cant say anything that hasn't already been said, I hope I can live up to your award! lol!